I’m a mom. I wipe boogers. I run my kids around like a taxi. I cook for an army. I kiss boo boos and tuck my kids into bed each night.
When you ask most people “what do you do?” They typically respond with their profession. “I’m a teacher.” “I’m a banker.” “I’m a photographer,” etc… I would hope that my first answer would be “I’m a Mom!”
Now don’t get me wrong, I love being a photographer and working with my amazing clients! Capturing special moments in their lives and watching their families grow is the best, but even more important to me is my role of being a mom. I love nothing more in life.
Not every day is easy and I don’t pretend it is, but I don’t know what I would do without my kiddos. They keep me on my toes, bring the biggest smiles to my face and never stop surprising me.
So, for fun I thought I would start something called “Mommy Monday” here on my blog. It’s not something I’m doing for my business, not to gain more fans and certainly not to sell something. Simply for me. My kids bring me so much joy and this journey in parenthood is filled with adventures, fun times and often scary moments, so why not blog it (when I have a few free minutes- which may not happen very often) and hopefully be an encouragement to some of you!
I am not going to pretend that I am that mom who has everything together and is giving the world unwanted advice- I simply want to keep it real and have fun with it. Here are a few things you may or may not know about me as a mom…
1. I hate wiggly teeth. I can handle vomit, blood and other bodily functions, but do NOT ask me to touch teeth. Ick!!
2. I homeschool our children. This year I will be teaching a Kindergartener, second grader and third grader. More about those challenges later!
3. I had three kids under the age of three. Yes, we know how that works and planned it that way. All three were in diapers together and I didn’t sleep for about 5 years!
4. We have dance parties frequently. Loud ones. I should probably apologize to our neighbors. 😉
5. I have an irrational fear of running out of toilet paper. Haha! What that means is that I’m a couponer and I love to stock up on food and paper goods. I have a huge pantry where I keep our reserves and I can’t think of a day we’ve ever run out of paper towels or t.p.
6. I sometimes cry when I see my kids sleeping. I like to think it’s because I am so moved by their angelic faces, but I honestly think it’s because I’m overjoyed at the rare quiet moment.
7. I love playing the “Elf on the Shelf” game at Christmas time. I don’t know if my kids like it as much as I do. He’s creepy, I know. Don’t care.
8. I prefer the pool to the beach. Yes, I’m one of those moms that can’t stand bringing home all the sand. It annoys me, but I pretend to like it for the kid’s sake.
9. My favorite time of day is bedtime. Not mine, the kid’s. I like it when they wake up too, but bedtime- oh it’s glorious!
My life is not glamorous. I’m not perfect, nor will I ever be. I am not a famous person. I will never be a superstar but I am trying to be the best Mom I possibly can. That’s enough for me!
A few snapshots from our most recent vacation to Harpswell, ME. A beautiful week at a gorgeous beach home and on this day we ventured to the ocean to explore together…