Thank you so much for inquiring about a family photo session! I can’t wait to work with you and get to know your family! This is a list of items to bring and a list of frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Thank you!!
When should a family session be scheduled?
- I typically book up several weeks to a few months in advance. I sometimes will have a last minute session available but the sooner the better!
- You’ll also want to consider what season and time of year you want to have photos done in! If you want to have a snowball fight and go sledding then lets to a winter shoot. If you want to wear sundresses and flip flops then lets shoot in summer! How about the beautiful fall leaves? Lots of options here in the state of Maine!
How long does a family session last?
- Your session fee includes 1-1.5 hours of my time.
- Please arrive on time. Any time lost will affect the quality and amount of photos we’ll be able to capture.
Can we bring pets and how many family members can we bring?
- If the outdoor location you’ve chosen allows it, then you may bring along your dog on a leash.
- Your session fee covers a family of 5. For large families or a group over 5 people then please add $10 per person.
Where do family sessions happen?
- Family sessions happen at an outdoor location of your choice. They can either happen at a local location that we agree upon and discuss together OR we can do a lifestyle session at your home. Lifestyle sessions happen in the comfort of your own home and include little to no props. These two session types are very different in nature and have different image outcomes, so you’ll have to decide if you want an outdoor location away from your home or if you would prefer to cuddle on your couch, and have photos taken in your yard.
What should we wear?
- Bring along 2-3 different outfits that everyone loves and feels good in. Make sure you’ve ironed them, taken tags off and everyone’s clothes fit well.
- Don’t be afraid of color and accessorize! Think about your shoes, jewelry, scarves, hair styles, layers, etc… Most importantly be confident and comfortable!
- Have your family coordinate with each other and again don’t be afraid of color! Don’t all be matchy-matchy but instead come coordinating. For example, all wear flannel, or all wear different shades of blue, or all wear pastels, etc…
- You can come as dressy or as casual as you like. Or a mix of both. Stay true to who you are as a family and have fun with it!
What kind of photo combinations will we get?
- We can do all combinations you want. Usually I suggest the following combinations… whole family together, children together, individual children, just parents, individual parent shots with children, and any other combinations you want.
What should we bring along with us?
- Anything you want! But here are some suggestions… maybe a special quilt from home for you all to sit on. Maybe a game or activity you all like to do together? Bribery for young children (nothing that will make a mess or stain teeth blue like lollipops!). Don’t forget your outfits, shoes to match them and anything you’ll need to touch up makeup and hair. A sign with your family’s name on it or another family heirloom you want captured. The possibilities are endless. Have an idea? Let me know!
How much will it cost to have the session done and what products do we get to take home with us?
- There is a $50 retainer fee which keeps your session date on my calendar. The session fee is $150.
- The session fee includes my time and talent to capture your session, pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and questions, and travel to an on-site location within 25 miles of Turner, ME 04282. (Additional fee will apply for traveling further distances.)
- In case of bad weather or sickness we will reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
- The digital collection and professional prints are available for purchase at an additional cost.
I would like the digital images for my own printing? Do you offer that?
- I sure do and it’s a great way to have all of your images for yourself for a lifetime! Digital Collection (Digital download of images with printing release)- $200
What if I don’t purchase the digital collection?
- Then you have the option to purchase professional prints from an online ordering gallery. That gallery is active for 60 days and after that prints are no longer available.
- Print orders are a minimum of $200.(If you purchase the digital collection there is no minimum order.) Prices are below, more custom sizes available upon request.
Canvas prints start at $100+. Other products and sizes available.
How do I pay for the retainer fee?
- You have a few options for payment. You can mail me a check to
Nicole Van Tassel, 619 Buck Lane, Turner ME 04282
- Or you can pay via PayPal. Simply give me your e-mail address and I will send you a PayPal invoice to pay with a credit or debit card.
- The remaining balance of the session fee is due the date of the session.
Most importantly please come ready to have a good time!! Family photos can be stressful on everyone and I want to capture you laughing, having a good time together and being yourselves, so come ready to relax and laugh along with me!
If you have any other questions please just send them to me and I’d be happy to help! Thank you again! I hope to work with your sweet family soon! Best wishes, Nicole