Thank you so much for inquiring about a photo session! I can’t wait to work with you and get to know you and your child(ren). This is a list of items to bring and a list of frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Thank you!
When should a session be scheduled?
- I typically book up several weeks to a few months in advance. I sometimes will have a last minute session available but the sooner the better!
- You’ll also want to consider what season and time of year you want to have photos done in! If you want to have a snowball fight and go sledding then lets to a winter shoot. If you want to wear sundresses and flip flops then lets shoot in summer! How about the beautiful fall leaves? Lots of options here in the state of Maine!
How long does a session last?
- Your session fee includes 1-1.5 hours of my time.
- Please arrive on time. Any time lost will affect the quality and amount of photos we’ll be able to capture.
Can we bring pets?
- If the outdoor location you’ve chosen allows it, then you may bring along your dog on a leash.
Where do these sessions happen?
- Your session can happen at an outdoor location of your choice. They can either happen at a local location that we agree upon and discuss together OR we can do a lifestyle session at your home. Lifestyle sessions happen in the comfort of your own home and include little to no props. These two session types are very different in nature and have different image outcomes, so you’ll have to decide if you want an outdoor location away from your home or if you would prefer to have your child captured playing in your house, cuddling on the couch, and have photos taken in your yard.
How much will it cost to have the session done and what products do we get to take home with us?
- There is a $50 retainer fee which keeps your session date on my calendar. The session fee is $150.
- The session fee includes my time and talent to capture your session, pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and questions, and travel to an on-site location within 25 miles of Turner, ME 04282. (Additional fee will apply for traveling further distances.)
- The retainer fee is due at the time of booking and is non-refundable. If the retainer fee is not received within 7 days of booking your session then your due date will not remain on my calendar.
- In case of bad weather or sickness we will reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
- The digital collection and professional prints are available for purchase at an additional cost.
I would like the digital images for my own printing? Do you offer that?
- I sure do and it’s a great way to have all of your images for yourself for a lifetime! Digital Collection (Digital images downloaded via a password protected website with printing release)- $200
What if I don’t purchase the digital collection?
- Then you have the option to purchase professional prints from an online ordering gallery. That gallery is active for 60 days and after that prints are no longer available.
- Print orders are a minimum of $200.(If you purchase the digital collection there is no minimum order.) Prices are below, more custom sizes available upon request.
Canvas prints start at $100+. Other products and sizes available.
How do I pay for the session fee?
- You have a few options for payment. You can mail me a check to
Nicole Van Tassel, 619 Buck Lane, Turner ME 04282
Or you can pay via PayPal. Simply give me your e-mail address and I will send you a PayPal invoice to pay with a credit or debit card.
What should my child wear?
- Bring along 3-4 different outfits that you and your child both love and feel good in. Make sure you’ve ironed them, taken tags off and make sure their clothes fit well. Don’t be afraid of color and accessorize! Think about your shoes, jewelry, scarves, hair styles, layers, etc… Most importantly make sure they are confident and comfortable!
- If you’re planning on jumping in a few photos then coordinate with each other and again don’t be afraid of color! Don’t be too matchy-matchy but instead come coordinating. For example, all of you wear flannel, or wear different shades of blue, or wear pastels, sports shirts, etc…
- You can come as dressy or as casual as you like. Or a mix of both. Stay true to who you and your children are and have fun with it!
What should we bring along with us?
- Anything you want! But here are some suggestions… Maybe a game, toy or activity your child loves. Don’t forget their outfits, shoes to match them and anything you’ll need to touch up makeup and hair. Maybe a family heirloom you want captured. The possibilities are endless. Have an idea? Let me know!
- I’m okay with bribery as well. Especially for little ones that need some encouragement. Feel free to bring along a treat, as long as it’s not going to make a mess or stain their mouth. No chocolate, it melts. No lollipops, they are sticky and take too long. I like things like gold fish, gummy snacks, apple slices, etc…
We are curious about a one-year-old cake smash. How does that work?
- The first half of the session we start with “clean” photos that do not involve cake. We take some outside portraits or indoors, if the weather is too chilly, and then spend the second half watching your one year old smash his/her cake! It is a hoot to watch!
- You’re responsible for bring a 6-8 inch round cake that matches your child’s theme. 6-10 coordinating colored balloons and a banner if you have one that matches the theme. Feel free to bring the banner and decorations that you are using for his/her first birthday and it will match perfectly.
- Also bring along what your child will wear. An “I’m ONE” onesie, a tutu, diaper cover, shorts and shirt, etc… Keep in mind it will need to be washed well when you get home!
- I will provide basic clean up materials. (Soap, towel, sink for rinsing off, washcloths etc…)
Most importantly please come ready to have a good time!! Photos can be stressful on everyone and I want to capture your child laughing, having a good time together and being themselves, so come ready to relax and laugh along with me!
If you have any other questions please just send them to me and I’d be happy to help! Thank you again! I hope to work with you and your child(ren) soon! Best wishes, Nicole