Thank you so much for inquiring about a photo session! I can’t wait to work with you and get to know you better! This is a list of items to bring and a list of frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Thank you!!
When should a session be scheduled?
- I typically book up several weeks to a few months in advance. I sometimes will have a last minute session available but the sooner the better!
- You’ll also want to consider what season and time of year you want to have photos done in! If you want to play in the snow and wear a hat and mittens then lets to a winter shoot. If you want to wear sundresses and flip flops then lets shoot in summer! How about the beautiful fall leaves? Lots of options here in the state of Maine!
How long does a session last?
- Your session fee includes 2 hours of my time.
- Please arrive on time. Any time lost will affect the quality and amount of photos we’ll be able to capture.
Can I bring my pet?
- If the outdoor location you’ve chosen allows it, then you may bring along your dog on a leash.
Where does my senior session happen?
- Your session can happen at an outdoor location of your choice. They can either happen at a local location that we agree upon and discuss together OR you can send me some ideas you have. If time allows and the locations are near to each other then we can possibly use two different spots.
What should I wear?
- Bring along 4-5 different outfits that you love and feel good in. Make sure you’ve ironed them, taken tags off and make sure they fit well. Don’t be afraid of color and accessorize! Think about your shoes, jewelry, scarves, hair styles, layers, etc… Most importantly make sure you feel confident and comfortable!
- Feel free to come as dressy or as casual as you like. Or a mix of both. Stay true to who you are and have fun with it! Your senior pictures should show off who you are and your personality so don’t be afraid to be yourself!
- Still not sure, then chat with me! We can talk about some options, or bring along more than you’ll need and we can choose during your shoot!
What should I bring along?
- Anything you want! But here are some suggestions… Sports gear, dance/ballet shoes, skateboard, anything else that shows off YOU!
- Girls… certainly bring along your jewelry, accessories you’re planning on using, make-up, brush, comb, hair spray, items to fix your hair, etc…
- Guys… bring a comb if you feel you need it, any accessories you needed, shoes to match outfits, etc…
Does a parent have to come with me? Can I bring a friend/boyfriend?
- Actually yes, if you’re not 18 then a parent does need to come. If you are over 18, and have permission from a parent that I’ve already spoken with, then you may come alone but if not then yes a parent needs to be present. I may ask them to hang back at the car and wait, but they do need to be within sight of us. It makes it safer for all of us!
- If you’re planning on bringing a friend or boyfriend for support that’s fine and they can jump in one photo with you, but they will not have photos taken of themselves alone at this session. This is your session and I’d be happy to set up your friend’s senior session for him/her at another time. J
How much will it cost to have the session done and what products do we get to take home with us?
- There is a $50 retainer fee which keeps your session date on my calendar. It is due at the time of booking and is non-refundable.
- The session fee is $150 and includes my time and talent to capture your session, pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and questions, and travel to an on-site location within 25 miles of Turner, ME 04282. (Additional fee will apply for traveling further distances.)
- The session fee is due on the day of your session.
- In case of bad weather or sickness we will reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
- The digital collection and professional prints are available for purchase at an additional cost.
I would like the digital images for my own printing? Do you offer that?
- I sure do and it’s a great way to have all of your images for yourself for a lifetime! Digital Collection (Digital Images/Files that will be sent to you via an e-mail and website that is password protected. Once you receive the password simply download them all onto your computer.)- $200
What if I don’t purchase the digital collection?
- Then you have the option to purchase professional prints from an online ordering gallery. That gallery is active for 60 days and after that prints are no longer available.
- Print orders are a minimum of $200.(If you purchase the digital collection there is no minimum order.) Prices are below, more custom sizes available upon request.
Canvas prints start at $100+. Other products and sizes available.
How do I pay for the session fee?
- You have a few options for payment. You can mail me a check to
Nicole Van Tassel, 619 Buck Lane, Turner ME 04282
- Or you can pay via PayPal. Simply give me your e-mail address and I will send you a PayPal invoice to pay with a credit or debit card.
Most importantly please come ready to have a good time!! No need to stress! I want to capture you laughing, having a good time and being yourself, so come ready to relax and laugh along with me!
If you have any other questions please just send them to me and I’d be happy to help! Thank you again! I hope to work with you soon! Best wishes, Nicole