Thank you so much for inquiring about a maternity photo session and congratulations on your exciting news! This is a list of items to bring and a list of frequently asked questions and answers. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask! Thank you!!
When should a maternity session be scheduled?
- Ideally you should contact me as soon as your pregnant, which if you’re reading this you probably already are! In rare cases I have last minute openings, but the sooner you contact me the better.
- And for prime belly bump roundness, without being too uncomfortable, 30-35 weeks is perfect.
How long does a maternity session last?
- Your session fee includes 1-1.5 hours of my time.
- Please arrive on time. Any time lost will affect the quality and amount of photos we’ll be able to capture.
Who do we bring with us?
- Please bring along your husband/boyfriend/baby’s daddy, your other children, and if you wish (and your outdoor location allows it) you may bring along your dog.
Where do maternity sessions happen?
- Maternity sessions happen at an outdoor location of your choice. They can either happen at a local location that we agree upon and discuss together OR we can do a lifestyle session at your home. Lifestyle sessions happen in the comfort of your own home and include little to no props. These two session types are very different in nature and have different image outcomes, so you’ll have to decide if you want an outdoor location away from your home or if you would prefer to cuddle on your couch, and have photos taken in your yard and the baby’s nursery.
What should we wear?
- Bring along 2-3 different outfits that you love and feel good in. Make sure you’ve ironed them, taken tags off and that they fit well.
- Wear clothing that hugs your cute bump and isn’t too baggy. You want to show off that belly! If you’re interested in bare belly shots then a pretty bra with an unbuttoned shirt or lace top looks lovely.
- Don’t be afraid of color and accessorize! Think about your shoes, jewelry, scarves, hair styles, layers, etc… Most importantly be confident and comfortable!
- For family photos… Have your family coordinate with each other and again don’t be afraid of color! Don’t all be matchy-matchy but instead come coordinating. For example, all wear flannel, or all wear different shades of blue, or all wear pastels, etc…
- You can come as dressy or as casual as you like. Or a mix of both. Stay true to who you are as a family and have fun with it!
What should we bring along with us?
- Anything you want! But here are some suggestions… a pair of baby shoes, a baby toy/stuffed animal, something with baby’s name on it, a special baby outfit, hat or pair of socks. A clear ultrasound photo, a baby item that was yours when you were little, a pregnancy book you’re reading or children’s book you’ll read to baby. Or anything else you want captured with your baby bump.
How much will it cost to have the session done and what products do we get to take home with us?
- There is a $50 retainer fee which keeps your session date on my calendar. The session fee is $150.
- The session fee includes my time and talent to capture your session, pre-session consultation to discuss ideas and questions, and travel to an on-site location within 25 miles of Livermore Falls ME, 04254 if you desire to do a lifestyle session. (Additional fee will apply for traveling further distances.)
- The retainer fee is due at the time of booking and is non-refundable. If the session fee is not received within 7 days of booking your session then your due date will not remain on my calendar.
- In case of bad weather or sickness we will reschedule within a reasonable amount of time.
- The digital collection and professional prints are available for purchase at an additional cost.
I would like the digital images for my own printing? Do you offer that?
- I sure do and it’s a great way to have all of your images for yourself for a lifetime! Digital Collection (Digital download of images with printing release)- $200
What if I don’t purchase the disc?
- Then you have the option to purchase professional prints from an online ordering gallery. That gallery is active for 60 days and after that prints are no longer available.
- Print orders are a minimum of $200.(If you purchase the digital collection there is no minimum order.) Prices are below, more custom sizes available upon request.
Canvas prints start at $100+. Other products and sizes available.
How do I pay for the session fee?
- You have a few options for payment. You can mail me a check to
Nicole Van Tassel, 19 Searles St, Livermore Falls ME 04254
- Or you can pay via PayPal. Simply give me your e-mail address and I will send you a PayPal invoice to pay with a credit or debit card.
I’m interested in a maternity session AND a newborn session? Is there a combination package?
- Maternity/Newborn Combo- $325 (savings of $75) This includes both a maternity and newborn session. This price covers the session only. Digital collections, prints and products are separate.
Most importantly please come ready to have a good time!! Having photos taken can be stressful on everyone and I want to capture you laughing, having a good time together and being yourselves, so come ready to relax and laugh along with me!
Can’t wait and best wishes, Nicole